- March 7, 2022
- Posted by: Christina Milian
- Category: blog
Businesses are trying to enhance their business strategy and putting all their efforts into making it better. In an attempt to know which approach is best. It is common to not get a response while sending emails to your clients, there is nothing to wonder about as the average rate of consumer survey response is 14%, and some of the big companies worldwide might reach 25%.
But there are specific proven ways for enhancing the rate of conversion of survey invitation emails.
Generating a survey that collects good information for your company is your initial step towards success. You also have to convince a considerable number of respondents to complete it as well. One of the preferable ways for doing it is by framing a good survey invitation email.
When you succeed in writing a survey invitation email in such a way that it compels your respondents to take action, you will see a high rate of survey response. And this means your survey will receive good data, and you will start learning from the outcomes.
About Survey Invitation Emails
It is a mail that you write for giving introduction about your survey to those people who might give respond to it. They are essential as you can’t just send the survey all by itself to your vital participants. It is essential to let them know about who you are, give them information about the primary purpose of your survey, and give them an explanation on why they must take this survey.
It is actually no matter whether you are sending this survey to your employees or consumers or any people who are not familiar with your organization. You will ask people to take out some time from their busy days to generate some relevant survey responses. Therefore, you must explain to them why spending time is good for you as well as for them.
If you do not do this, you might get a small number of responses to your survey, and the data you get may not be comprehensive. A number of organizations often ignore this vital part of the whole survey design.
Let us know more about how sending survey invitation emails worked and why?
Well, it is a technique of obtaining relevant data that can give you information on how to run your business. An email survey will assist you.
- In Gathering a significant quantity of responses with a cost-efficient method.
- Obtain honest answers. As most of the surveys are unidentified, therefore your consumers feel free to express their thoughts.
- Get hold of your consumers on a channel where they remain connected as well as engaged.
- Survey invitation mails are also one of the smart choices as they are cost-efficient and do not need much time at your end.
Reasons why your emails might not be effective?
When you are dispensing surveys through email, some of the researchers might find that people are not opening up their emails or not ticking on links for taking the survey.
Some of the top errors you might be doing while writing survey invitation emails are
- Long subject line or it lacks information.
- The body content is long and very unapproachable.
- The format of the content is improper.
- The requestor the task is not straightforward.
- A lot of jargon is used.
- The writer has not proofread the content.
All of the above common mistakes have an impact on the timeline, efficiency of the research project, and budget. So, it’s essential to stand by some of the best practices while writing a survey invitation email to ensure your research project is a great success.
Craft a perfect survey invitation mail by including some simple items to increase efficiency.
- Clarity with sender:While most of the organizations utilize outside vendors for creating and managing surveys, the survey invitation must have good clarity. It is because you will never want to generate any confusion or go to spam folders.
The recipients of emails are most likely to ignore emails when they get them from an email address that is not known to them. So make sure the invitation comes directly from your side.
- The subject line must be inviting: Subject line is something that your respondent will first see in their inbox. So, ensure it attracts them to open the email. It must be clear that you are telling them to take the survey, and it should not have any kind of spammy practices like a lot of expletive points.
- Why are you selecting them?In the next step, ensure that your email discusses why you have selected them to send the survey. What is that which makes them the target audience? Why their valuable feedback is vital for you? And make sure you address them in such a way that is constant with the voice of your brand along with the audience. Make use of the perfect level of primness in the introduction.
- What will your survey do?It is vital to let your respondents know why you are doing such surveys? When they understand this better, they can take better action.
When you maintain clarity about your motives, it actually inspires them as they have a better idea of how their feedback is going to influence you. It is essential to make them know whether their feedback will remain anonymous or all the results will be published so that they can make a good decision.
- Time pledge: The respondents might be busy. Not much time they can make out for investing in taking this survey. When they know that it is short such as five minutes or even less than that, they can take some time to participate. But when your survey is long and you do not let them know, then it’s most likely that they will leave the survey in the middle.So, it’s better to maintain clarity about how much time it might take to take the survey.
- What will respondents receive?One of the best ways to obtain more responses to your survey is by offering the participants some rewards. It is not all bout receiving something rather a way to let them know that you genuinely appreciate them for the time they took out from their busy day.The reward amount might vary depending on audiences as well as time commitment. It is because taking a rapid three-minute survey is not the same as a detailed 30-minute survey. Ensure you are pretty clear about all incentives early on the email so that all participants are attracted right away. You will get high rates of survey responses for sure.
- Let the respondents know how you will share the result:This might not be applicable for the survey, but if you have any plans on sharing the result in any way, it is good to tell the potential participants upfront.For some of the surveys, such as the employee feedback survey, it is good to tell your respondent what you are going to do with the feedback that they are going to share so that they have the motivation to answer. When people know that all of their responses will go to the box and no action will be taken, they will not answer.
- The insistence of answering survey questions: Generating a sense of urgency assists in driving respondents to answer very quickly. Otherwise, they might have the aim to take it to another point later, get distracted, and then forget.You can offer a firm deadline for closing the survey, or you can tie up the incentives to accomplish the survey within a specific timeframe to drive in more responses.
Now let us know how you get the benefit when you send a survey invitation email by including the above-written tips:
- Show prominence: It is a significant benefit as it shows the respondent that they need to pay attention to all feedback. It shows prominence in the survey only.
- Develops awareness: With all essential things, when you send a survey invitation email, the survey respondent is more likely to participate. In simple terms, it helps in developing awareness.
- You can test the numbers: These emails functions like e-blasts. You can gather the rate of openings, nasty emails, and many other things. An analyst can make use of this data to get a clear understanding of several things.
- Updating lists: In relation to the last point, you can easily absorb what you have learned from the email, and then you can streamline things accordingly.
One of the best ways for increasing the rate of opening surveys and responding is by offering some good value to readers. Humans often feel highly compelled to take action when they get returns.
But never make the mistake of misleading readers with any subject lines that will not match well with the mil body. It might enhance the opening rate of your email, but soon they will feel cheated and select to unsubscribe. You can utilize some free survey email examples for getting responses in significant numbers.
Moreover, nowadays, it’s not very difficult to create, send and make an analysis of the survey outcomes. It’s straightforward now. You can also generate a free sample survey and collect valuable insights for making good business decisions.